Tuesday, September 8

Halloween Movie-Fest update

Beebo and I sat down to watch the next installment of our li'l movie series last night, after Beebo's weird experience in the apartment hallway. The film we chose was Frogs, which I picked up at a Big Lots in New Hampshire for $3.00 a year ago.

I have a very clear memory of the movie poster, from when I was six years old:Looks compelling, doesn't it? However, it's seriously misleading, as you might expect if you weren't a first-grader. The frogs are of average size, and most of the time, they're just sitting there, observing some mishap that's happening to one of the humans in the story (it's "the day that nature struck back", since the motivation is ecology, early 70s-style). Sometimes, they fly into the frame, but it's obvious that a frog wrangler is just pitching them in there to make it look like they're 'attacking'.

Star Ray Milland was in several American-International pictures in the 60s and 70s, including X -The Man With X-Ray Eyes (a classic), The Thing with Two Heads (co-starring Rosey Grier, and another movie that fascinated me as a six year-old--though it delivers!), Panic in the Year Zero (an interesting mixed bag, with post-apocalyptic co-star Frankie Avalon), and Premature Burial (owned by me, but not seen yet).

We didn't make it all the way through, since it's very boring and repetitive, but we may watch the last 15 minutes tonight. But I suggest that YOU see The Thing With Two Heads!

3 comments:

  1. "ecology," hahahha! Hey, that's neat that you linked to my blog!

    I do wanna see the last 15 minutes, although I'm not expecting a very exciting conclusion.

    I wanna be a frog wrangler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping the last shot will be a frog wearing Ray Milland's toupee!

    ReplyDelete

Comments