Thursday, October 1

Grandma wallpaper

I was just looking at a listing for a condo (co-op) in Capitol Hill, and saw one interesting detail: wallpaper! I haven't seem much wallpaper since I moved out of an apartment where I lived in Brookline. It's been a really dead decorating idea since the end of the seventies, as far as I can tell. It's regaining some currency as a trendy decorating idea, but would still be anathema to 99% of people looking to decorate their houses or condos.

Anyway, when I first looked at this listing, I thought: "Hey, check out that wallpaper in the kitchen. Nice touch!" And then I looked closer at the dreary old appliances and realized that it was actually just historical wallpaper.I know these photos are small, but it has a nice double-knit quality, doesn't it? And then the bathroom is the real prize:
I don't think I could get rid of these if I moved into this place (which is not going to happen), and not just due to laziness. In fact, I'd think of ways I could accentuate it, to give the apartment a thematic unity.

1 comment:

Comments