Wednesday, February 17

Hey, we hate you too!

From the LA Times:

Early on in the making of "Alice in Wonderland," director Tim Burton had very strong feelings about one of the characters -- and it wasn't what you would call a good feeling.

"The Cheshire Cat was a character I had a very specific image of and it's because I just have this thing about cats," Burton said. "The Cheshire Cat taps into what you might call my hatred of cats."

Ugly Director

Actor Stephen Fry ("V for Vendetta," "Bones") handles the character in the film and Burton praised him for capturing the unsettling mien of a feline.

Cute Cat

"Stephen Fry did a great job of getting that creepy quality. You know, this weird kind of floaty, too-focused, creepy -- he did it great. He has this thing of getting up close and just sitting there and staring at you, you know, like a cat. It just kind of sits there."

Burton made a noise, not unlike a tabby struggling with a hairball. "I have this thing with cats. And with Cheshire Cat it's a love-hate relationship. You can, uh, hear it in my voice can't you?"

****

Cats are complex! Get used to it, lame-o! I realize my 'cute cat' picture kinds of demonstrates his point, but that's part of their charm, hmm?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, cats are menacing and a little insane in addition to being cute--so what?

    I agree with you--Tim Burton is a big loser!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LURV Stephen Fry! And I'm bored sick to DEATH of Tim Burton, Jenny Depp, and that Helena Burnham-Whatsistan. Why can't they all (except Stephen Fry) just go get a room?

    God! Idiots!
    (except Stephen Fry)

    ReplyDelete

Comments