Wednesday, June 16

A Snack or a Meal


I found this photo online while looking for pics for a prospective blog post on my favorite (defunct) vintage clothes stores. This, however, is a tiny old-school diner that was down Beacon Street from where I used to live (and work) in Brookline, Mass. It exemplifies the sleepy, boring quality of that neighborhood, where I lived in my early 20s. It was funny living there, since I (and my friends) wanted to go out and do fun things all the time, but were surrounded by the most middle-aged, bourgeois surroundings possible. Heh heh! Now that I'm middle-aged and bourgeois, I live in a much more lively and happening neighborhood. What up with that?

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee! Well, I think it's the contrast that is refreshing. That's a cute diner!

    ReplyDelete

Comments