Wednesday, November 4

Where you goin'?

A trend of the past I-don't-know-how-many years that I don't get is pockets in pajama pants:

For the guy who wants to be stylishly snug in his bed (also appropriate for lounging by the fire, enjoying a leisurely cup of morning coffee or getting caught unawares by the delivery guy). We're gifting a pair to all the dapper gents on our list and making them extra-special with a monogram. In extra-fine, dress shirt-quality cotton, with contrast piping along the neck and front placket. Long sleeves. Patch chest pocket on shirt. Non-elastic waistband with self-fabric drawstring, off-seam pockets, back patch pocket on pants. Button at fly. Import. Machine wash.


First of all, the part about "getting caught unawares by the delivery guy" is kind of weird, unless J. Crew's target demographic is more limited than I thought. But more importantly, what is the point of pockets in pajama pants? The idea of pajamas is that you wear them at home, before and when you're going to bed. What could you possibly need to carry in the pockets that you can't just leave on your desk or coffee table? And if you are planning on wandering around, or stepping outside to get your morning paper, why not just get a nice monogrammed robe (with its appropriate pockets)?




4 comments:

  1. hahahha!

    Although, I kind of like pockets in pajamas, since I need to carry kleenex for my constantly running nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to post "Tissues!" then when I saw there was already one comment I realized B had beaten me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You people and your runny noses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually almost kicked the tissue habit! I don't know what's changed, but even though I still use several per day I no longer have the need to have them at my beck and call at every moment, and there aren't piles of them under my bed. Sometimes we even run out of tissues and I don't feel anxious!

    ReplyDelete

Comments