Thursday, February 11

" And Starring Miss Susan Sarandon as Victoria Barkley"

I normally hate remakes, but I find this intriguing...

Susan Sarandon Eyeing "Big Valley"

Eyeing Barbara Stanwyck's role in film version of '60s series

By Jay A. Fernandez

Feb 10, 2010, 11:00 PM ET

Susan Sarandon is in talks to become the matriarch of the Barkley clan.

Kate Edelman Johnson is producing a feature film version of "The Big Valley," based on the TV show created by her late father, producer Louis F. Edelman, and writer A.I. Bezzerides. The Western series, which ran on ABC from 1965-69, starred Barbara Stanwyck as the matriarch of a ranching family in the 1870s San Joaquin Valley.

Sarandon would take on the part of Victoria Barkley, originated by Stanwyck.

Edelman Johnson's producing partner, Daniel Adams ("The Lightkeepers"), has written the feature screenplay and will direct. Johnson and Adams' Panther Entertainment will produce, with a May start date planned for principal photography in Michigan and New Mexico.

"I am so thrilled to be filming this project, not only to honor my father and Miss Stanwyck but to bring a great woman's part to the screen as head of this historical family saga," Edelman Johnson said.

3 comments:

  1. She IS kind of perfect for that role!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never bring myself to watch an entire episode of that show. It always aired on weekend afternoons when there was nothing else on, and I just couldn't get into it. The thought of that show depresses me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it now, but as a kid I did not welcome its presence on my TV...

    ReplyDelete

Comments